Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new year, a new decade, a new hope, a new start.

Hello lovely readers!

I've been been reflecting a lot on what was 2009, what I accomplished and what I didn't and I'm ashamed to say that the latter is the longer list. Like most of us I started 2009 off with a vague list of goals I wished to achieve, but had no real plan in place to help me succeed. My goals were whimsical and non-specific and when I decided to "work less and play more golf", I had no method or protocol (welcome my science friends) in place to succeed. I attempted to start up this blog, but apart from the welcome message it sat dormant. I'd hope to be much further along in in my career, have a few more publications under my belt and have new collaborations established, none of which happened. My relationship with my Love, my family and my friends suffered and I lost contact with people whom I was close to.

A lot of these failures are due to problems out of my control, however I have decided to take ownership and have a greater autonomy over my life. Instead of vague New Year resolutions I've decided to create a New Year 'motto'. Something that I can apply to each aspect of my life and something that will guide me through this coming year:
Make It Count
That's it. It's that simple. Irrespective to what your goal is, make every thing you do count. (Relaxing in the bath tub with a book counts as rejuvenating yourself!) Over the next few weeks, I'll detail how I'll apply it to my relationships, my career, my sense of self and my life in general. 

I'd love to hear how my lovely readers 'Make It Count" in their daily lives...



Love Dr M.

No comments:

Post a Comment